Selling several items of classic literature. Books are older printing, most with no copyright dates.
1. Complete 20 volume set of Cleartype Edition Charles Dickens works. Good to fair condition. Wear to corners and edges of dust jackets, pages in good shape. Includes popular titles like “A Christmas Carol”, “David Copperfield”, “Pickwick Papers”, “Oliver Twist”, and “Great Expectations”, among others.
Asking $100 for the set.
2. Volume of 10 Edgar Allan Poe works, with volume five missing. So 9 volumes here. Includes “The Purloined Letter” and a poetry volume with “The Raven”, “Lenore”, etc. The poetry volume has a dedication and preface written 1845. See photo.
Asking $50 for the set.
3. Four works of James Fenimore Cooper. “Wing and Wing”, “Last of the Mohicans”, “The Pathfinder”, and “The Prairie.
All four for $15 or $5 each.
4. “Mark Twain’s Autobiography”, volume 1 (of 3). Copyright 1924, published 14 years after his death. See photos. $8
5. Great Books for Children collection of four titles, “Heidi”, “Tales from Shakespeare”, “Black Beauty”, and “Arabian Nights.” Most copyright dates 1961, one is 1958. Very good condition, extremely minimal wear to dust jackets, pages very good.
$15 for the set or $5 each.
6. 14 volumes of The Harvard Classics, dated 1937. Notable authors include Shakespeare, Virgil, Cervantes, Defoe, Swift. Very good condition, virtually no wear to dust jackets. Copyright date 1937.
$25 for all, prefer to sell as a bundle.
7. Complete 18 volume set of ‘Encyclopedia of Discovery and Exploration’ series from early 1970s. Very good condition, nice color photos. Great for homeschooling or for adults that want to know what their kids probably know! Lots of interesting things about the history of civilization and the world. Many photos of ancient art and architecture. Series covers up to the moon landing.
$30 for the complete set
8. Three other random books: “Exotic Aquarium Fishes”, and volumes 2 and 3 of “New York at Gettysburg”, copyright 1900. Fair condition. $5 each.
These books would be good for outfitting a teacher/professor’s office or for display in a home library, etc. Can make a deal for the lot if interested.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers